Friday, June 21, 2013

Describe Your Style

What you prefer to wear does say a lot about your own personal fashion style. I guess my style is mostly classic. But, I myself, do not consider my style to fall under one category or label of fashion, style, etc. My go-to outfit would be bootcut jeans, white sneakers, a long flowy cardigan, and a striped t-shirt. Maybe I'll add a bright colored scarf for a pop of color. Sometimes you'll find me wearing studded gladiator sandals or floral oxfords or a cute flowy dress. After seeing people's style around school, around town, in fashion magazines, etc I have concluded these are some main style categories: Classic, Girly, Vintage, Boho, Edgy, and Eclectic.

CLASSIC- A classic style includes pieces that are timeless and usually don't ever go out of style. Think a beige trench coat, stripes, collared shirts, bootcut jeans, pearls, etc. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge or Princess Kate (as we like to call her) is the perfect example of classic style.

 




GIRLY- Think pink, lots of pink. Also lots of heels, high waisted skirts, floral, etc. Ariana Grande comes to mind when I think of girly fashion. She has the cutest outfits on the red carpet.


 


     


VINTAGE- Zooey Deschanel. I think her style is the definition of vintage fashion. Also, Alexa Chung's style is vintage too. Vintage style basically is made up of clothing pieces with the style of past decades.




BOHO - Nicole Richie. Vanessa Hudgens. These celebrities have great style and their outfits pretty much define what Boho style is.

 





EDGY- Those with edgy style are not afraid to take risks and effortlessly rock a leather jacket. If you had to ask me who has edgy style, I would definitely say the Coco Rocha.

 
                            

ECLECTIC- Someone with eclectic style has variety in their style. One day they might dress girly and the next they dress up more edgy in a leather jacket. Beyoncé definitely has eclectic style.

        

             

         

           So how would you describe your style?


            Written by S

2 comments:

  1. My style is a mix of eclectic, edgy, and vintage. My base style is vintage and edgy with a spattering of eclectic items. I'm also a little girly. :)

    ReplyDelete